Advanced Standing PSW Program
If you are a PSW graduate who have been out of the PSW field for an extended period of time, NASIT can help you review and put your training into practice. Our PSW Upgrading program is designed to allow people who are already PSW graduates to have the opportunity to review and relearn their skills, which added to the Revised NACC PSW Program (effective January 1, 2006).
There is an increase in the demand for Personal Support Workers in Ontario. NASIT has 100% placement rate for its PSW program graduates in the Healthcare industry. Most of our graduates are working in Nursing Homes, Retirement Homes and Hospitals. That could be you!
CREDIT FOR THEORY
- The maximum credit that can be granted for Theory/Practical (Labs) courses is 1/3 of the total 390 hours (130 hours) of the total in-class theory and practical hours.
- A student must:
- have successfully completed previous related courses, AND must challenge the applicable Module test, and any applicable Performance Demonstration (Lab), AND achieve a minimum passing score of 75% on each; and
- attend a personal interview with the Program Director, which will include a review of the student’s transcript of marks for previous courses completed.
- The Program Director will determine, on an individual basis, the amount of credit that will be granted.
CREDIT FOR CLINICAL
- The maximum credit that can be granted for Clinical Placement hours is 110 hours.
- A student must:
- provide a letter from his/her employer(s), indicating the length of employment, duties performed, and a general evaluation of the student’s abilities as a caregiver; and
- attend a personal interview with the Program Director, which will include a review of the employer’s letter(s).
- The Program Director will determine, on an individual basis, the number of hours that may be granted credit for.
- Exact same modules as the PSW Program
- 12 modules in total
- Depending on the Program Director’s decision after the interviews, the student may skip certain modules from these 12.