Assisting with Administration of Medications Certificate Course
This certificate will provide Personal Support Worker’s with the knowledge to safely administer medication within their scope of practice in a home care setting, retirement homes, group homes or other community workplaces.
- Three theory chapters on assisting with medications, Oxygen therapy, Cold and Hot Compress from Mosby’s Canadian Textbook for the Support Worker, 2nd Edition.
- Power Point presentation from Canadian Pharmacist Associtation: Medication Management Training Workshop for Home Support Worker.
Benefits of Medication Certification
- Essential job qualification (most institutions require this certification from prospective employees and current staff alike).
- Makes you stand out in a group of applicants (Certificate holders can differentiate themselves from other Personal Support Workers).
- Acquire extensive knowledge in the application and administration of medications.
Enroll in any 3 certification programs below and receive any of the following:
- $50 discount cr;
- Free CPR Renewal or;
- Cover Letter/Resume enhancement.
HEALTHCARE RELATED CERTIFICATIONS
- Comprehensive Assessment Training (CAT)
- CPR and First Aid
- Crisis Prevention (CPI)
- Medication Certification
- Responsive Behaviours
- Restorative Therapy